You Deserve To Have Your Rights Protected
If you live or work in New York and you suffered a work-related injury, you may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits. Whenever you experience a serious injury on-the-job, you should talk to a lawyer to ensure that your right to much-needed benefits is protected.
When you are looking for top-notch legal representation in your workers’ compensation claim, you can turn to the New York workers’ comp lawyers at Katz, Leidman, Freund & Herman. Their team has represented injured workers for over 50 years, and their relentless advocacy has resulted in hundreds of millions of dollars collected for injured clients.
What Rights Do Injured Workers Have?
Workers’ compensation is insurance that provides cash benefits and medical care to workers who have been injured in a work-related accident or suffered an occupational illness. With a workers’ compensation case, neither the employer nor the employee is determined to be “at fault.”
The amount of compensation a worker receives is not decreased by their carelessness, nor is the compensation increased by the employer’s fault.
An employee will be denied compensation if the injury resulted from his or her intoxication from alcohol or drugs, or from their deliberate intent to injure themselves or someone else.
An injured worker’s rights include:
- The right to work in a safe workplace
- The right to be covered by workers’ compensation insurance
- The right to file a claim
- The right to receive medical treatment
- The right to retain a workers’ compensation attorney
- The right to reimbursement for out-of-pocket expenses such as prescriptions, bandages, etc.
- Reimbursement for travel to and from doctor visits
- If your employer or their insurance carrier is arguing that your claim is not job-related, you may be entitled to disability benefits
- The right to a hearing
- The right to an appeal
- If you can return to work but your injury prevents you from performing your old job, you are entitled to an alternate position until you are healed
Speak With A New York Workers’ Comp Attorney Today!
Whenever you are injured at work, consultation with a qualified lawyer is essential. Since a workers’ compensation insurance company may contest or deny a claim, it is important for you to be represented by an experienced attorney.
Depending on the circumstances of your case, you may be entitled to a workers’ compensation claim and a third-party claim, which is a lawsuit brought against other parties who contributed to your injuries.
If you were seriously injured because of a workplace injury or occupational illness, you would benefit by discussing your case for free with a member of their legal team. Call today – the team would love to hear from you.