How can you get the money you deserve?
When you have suffered an injury at your place of employment, you are entitled to receive workers' compensation benefits from your employer. Just because you can or are receiving compensation does not mean you are getting all that you deserve. There are some steps you can take to maximize your workers' compensation benefits.
In order to increase the amount you receive from workers' compensation, you should consider:
- Seeking treatment with the best physician, not just the employer recommended doctor
- Remaining in contact with health care professionals
- Following the guidelines recommended by your employer for filing
- Keep copies of all medical and employment records that can make a difference in your claim
- Maintaining the appropriate work restrictions for your job
- Keeping your employer updated on what the doctor recommends
- Hiring a workers' compensation lawyer and following their advice
Workers' compensation is meant to compensate for medical expenses and lost wages. It is also a complex legal field that involves a combination of medical needs and what an insurance company is willing to pay. In any instance where insurance is involved, the company will be seeking to minimize the amount of money they pay out and that minimal financial payout may not be what you need.
If you are filing a workers' compensation claim in New York City, you will need an attorney that can help get you the best financial payout for your employment injuries. To learn what our firm can do today, call to schedule a free case evaluation!