A young boy killed on the job is now the center of a lawsuit against a
major retailer. The 17-year-old employee was operating a floor buffer
on a wet floor when it malfunctioned and electrocuted him. Although he
was rushed to a nearby hospital, the teen lost his life shortly after.
After investigating the workplace accident, the Occupational Safety and
Health Administration in Canada has determined that the employer is to
be held at fault. Along with one of the boy's supervisors, the company
now faces eight civil charges. Three of the charges are against the supervisors.
In the lawsuit, it is said that the boy's death was a result of the
company failing to supply an appropriate floor polisher, failing to inspect
the garage at least once a month, failure to inspect the polisher and
failure to provide employees with the proper training to use the equipment.
If someone you love has been hurt in a
workplace accident, you should take the time to
contact Katz Leidman Grossman Wolfe & Freund as soon as possible. When you contact our firm, we will evaluate your
case and let you know which legal options you have at your disposal. Don't
wait to get a New York workers' compensation attorney involved in